Tuesday, July 26, 2016

I wish I was a garbageman

I wish I was a garbageman, and drove the garbage truck;
I think that it would be such fun, and I'd feel full of luck!
To back the beeping wagon up to dumpsters great and small;
and then to lift and shake them as if they were a beach ball.
Each morning I would jump from bed, as happy as a lark,
and then upon my journey I would happily embark;
down alleyways and up steep hills, and round the mansions big -- 
and if some rich guy said I smelled I wouldn't care a fig! 
For I am serving ev'ryone the same, no matter who
they might be to others in this worldly wobbly zoo.
Ev'ryone makes garbage and they need it hauled away;
and I'm the one who does it, and I even get some pay!
You can be an astronaut, a lawyer, or dragoon --
all I ask is just a truck and streets with garbage strewn . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment