Sunday, January 8, 2017

Already White to Harvest

For behold, the field is white already to harvest; and it is the eleventh hour, and the last time that I shall call laborers into my vineyard.
 Doctrine & Covenants. Section 33:3

Already white to harvest, the fields of Earth expand
beyond the burnt horizon, awaiting God's command
to reap and never weary; to swing our blade through stalks
of legions craving rescue, to crush the prison blocks.

 The eleventh hour striking, no worker is refused
the chance to toil in vineyards for Jesus Christ the bruised;
to witness that the Savior, though stricken for our sins,
is Alpha and Omega -- where pardon sure begins.

Save me, O God, from thinking that I have done enough;
that now I can retire, and audit all my stuff.
Through illness and through sorrow, help me to smile, not gripe,
and grant me the desire to give it one more swipe! 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment