Sunday, August 30, 2020

Timericks from stories in today's Wall Street Journal.

 




As Trash Piles Up During Covid, Residents Raise a Stink

I think that I shall never sniff
odors that leave me so stiff.
If the Mayor can't find staff,
HE can sweep up all the chaff!


Coronavirus Has Left Banks With Lots of Cash and Little to Do With It

So  banks have got a lot of loot,
as to their vaults the savers scoot.
While defaults soar, the greenbacks mount --
please transfer some to my account!


The big vacation is out. America is going camping (and boating and hiking and fishing) instead.

It's cheap and not at all too hard
to travel 'round my own backyard.
The peony's a tourist trap;
but there's a hammock for a nap.
The neighbor throws me carrots raw;
the dog performs with just one paw.
Who needs vacations when my grass
hides silverfish and broken glass?






No comments:

Post a Comment