Saturday, May 21, 2016

I am a child of God

"Our most fundamental doctrine includes the knowledge that we are children of a living God . . . This doctrine is so basic, so oft stated, and so instinctively simple that it can seem to be ordinary, when in reality it is among the most extraordinary knowledge we can obtain."   Donald L. Hallstrom. 

A child of Deity am I; I will inherit soon
all my Father has for me; an inconceivable boon.
What have I done to merit this; is God somehow beguiled?
No! Tis simple Gospel truth that I am but his child!
And not just I myself, but all the people of the earth
were once his precious infants given joyous mortal birth. 
So never hang your head and say you've been cast off, my friend;
for heaven holds a Father who is not at all pretend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment