Monday, May 16, 2016

O Memory, please go to sleep

Alma 37:8 -- And now, it has hitherto been wisdom in God that these things should be preserved; for behold, they have enlarged the memory of this people



O memory please go to sleep and do not pester me;
I do not want to be reminded of my history.
I'm weary and I'm sated on the promises galore
that lay so thick around me and will last forevermore.
I want to slacken, just a bit; to tarry one more hour
before I have to struggle with the devil and his power.
Is it so wrong to duck my head, to ogle lesser things?
Must I always be reminded of my fledgling wings?
Ah, but who's that dust-stained traveler that goes ahead of me?
My recollection tells me he's the Man from Galilee!
So must I polish memories and keep them burning bright,
to safeguard my long journey to the sunshine from the night.   


No comments:

Post a Comment