Thursday, February 18, 2016

Making Swords of Laban


2 Nephi. Chapter 5:14 -- "And I, Nephi, did take the sword of Laban, and after the manner of it did make many swords, lest by any means the people who were now called Lamanites should come upon us and destroy us; for I knew their hatred towards me and my children and those who were called my people."


Preaching peace and making swords is what the Saints have done
when shedding blood in battle was how security was won.
Today the only swords we forge are in our minds and heart;
of massacres and looting we do not want any part.

 Yet many Saints must have a gun or two at their address
as a way of dealing with their feelings of distress.
I do not say tis good or bad, but I begin to doubt
that with the Lord an arsenal will carry any clout. 


No comments:

Post a Comment