Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Community of Saints


" . . . a major reason the Lord has a church is to create a community of Saints that will sustain one another in the “strait and narrow path which leads to eternal life.”  D. Todd Christofferson. 

One day I fell asleep at church, and visions filled my head;
the angels lifted me straight up and put me back in bed.
They said I could stay home forever, never go to meetings,
never have to wake again or struggle with false greetings.

For I am not a 'joiner', and prefer grand solitude --
the majesty of Nature, where no one is ever rude.
To spend so many hours on a pew amongst the crowd
is not how with the spirit I intend to be endowed.

But then a Voice said unto me: "I was once alone,
in a garden where I suffered till I had to groan."
"Feed my sheep and stay with them -- forgive them when they stray."
"Be a friend to others and my friend you'll always stay."



No comments:

Post a Comment