Thursday, February 4, 2016

Voter's Confession


Helaman 7:5 -- " . . . letting the guilty and the wicked go unpunished because of their money; and moreover to be held in office at the head of government, to rule and do according to their wills, that they might get gain and glory of the world, and, moreover, that they might the more easily commit adultery, and steal . . . "

I'm voting for the candidate that I think steals the least;
whose palms are relatively clean and cannot be too greased.
I will not be inveigled by an office-seeker's charm,
but rather put in office one who does the smallest harm.
For all of them are swollen and corrupt to some extent,
and leave me feeling nothing much but sorry discontent.
If only I could have lived when Washington held noble sway --
when people were entreated to be honest and to pray! 
Instead I am consigned to have my being at a time
when murder and adultery no longer are a crime.
How fortunate and blesséd am I that a Prophet stands
who lives above the canker to explain our Lord's commands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment