Thursday, May 18, 2017

Restaurant Review: Demae, in Provo



Demae is a Japanese place at 82 West Center Street. As the sign above says, they offer sushi specials. So did I have sushi? Nope. Everyone else I saw in there was eating sushi, and obviously enjoying it. I alone was sushi-less. And why? No pertikerler reason, cousin. Jest cuz.




Instead I had broiled eel over plain white rice. It was covered in a sweet soy sauce and had the taste and texture of uncured fatback. Which I happen to like. It came with a dinky salad and a bowl of miso soup that was indistinguishable from chicken soup. Nothing to drink but water. The bill came to $15.05. 




The place is quiet and tastefully decorated with Japanese prints. If you want to impress someone with your catholic tastes and muscular wallet, this is the joint. I give it 3 Burps. There's really nothing wrong with the food I had or the place itself. It's just that I never can get full at a Japanese restaurant. Now, if you'll excuse me -- I'm going to go have some cookies and milk . . . 



demae-japanese.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment