Monday, May 8, 2017

Restaurant Review: Magleby's in Provo

At 3360 North University in Provo, Magleby's offers a clean and quiet setting for good eats. Each table has a demure vase of fresh dwarf carnations. Ya gotta like a place that goes to that much trouble. I took my daughter Sarah and her kids there for brunch to thank her for widening my one and only pair of summer shorts and doing some other sewing chores I'm too ham-fisted to manage myself.



She and I both ordered the biscuits and gravy, which comes with home fries and eggs and a strip of their brown sugar coated bacon. The kids split a plate of chicken strips with french fries. I had a fountain drink and the others had water. Oh, and a piece of their celebrated chocolate cake. Total came to $20.54.




Service was fast and cheerful. The portions were handsome. And the food was good. No Olive Garden pretension. No obnoxious background music. The booths are wide enough for me to sit in comfortably. A good place to eat. Four Burps, hands down. And next time I'm getting a side of their bacon.








No comments:

Post a Comment