Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Restaurant Review: The Purple Turtle, in Pleasant Grove.



The Purple Turtle at 85 East State Road in Pleasant Grove serves your basic burgers and fries fare in a competent and plentiful manner. Their specialty is fish and chips. So naturally I had to try that.



I was accompanied by my daughter Sarah and her three kids. It was just he place for them. Everything is either tile, Formica, stainless steel, or linoleum, so it didn't matter how much they spilled, or where they spilled it. Family friendly to the max.



Of course I had to play the Last of the Big Time Spenders.
"Get whatever you want -- don't worry about the price!" I boomed loudly enough for the whole restaurant to hear. And they did.
We had two orders of fish and chips; one chicken nugget kiddie meal; one grilled cheese sandwich kiddie meal; two kiddie shakes; and one fountain drink. (Sarah always just has water.) The total for this feast was $37.64. I paid an additional two dollars for special 'British" chips for my meal -- which proved to be the only disappointment in the whole shebang. They were rather mushy, more like mashed potatoes than the real crisp deal that Britons cherish so highly.



The fact of the matter is that I ate only three of my special chips, and then scarfed down Sarah's sweet potato fries -- which were very good indeed. I'm giving this place 3.5 burps out of a possible 4. The service is quick and friendly, the food is good and filling, and there's plenty of parking. Oh, and it would be nice if they had some bottles of malt vinegar handy for the fish . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment