Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Jubilee

Image result for book of mormon

And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubilee unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family.
Leviticus 25:10

Heartsick and captive, I lay down to die.
No mercy or justice to me could apply.
I'd shot my last bolt and was hollowed out good;
I tasted of nothing but gall and wormwood.
But in my despair came a voice unto me,
declaring the Lord would soon hold Jubilee.
My chains would retreat and my heart would take wing;
of marvels and mercy I'd soon want to sing.
I saw that my liberty soon would arrive,
with once more the chance to grow happy and thrive. 
My doubts fall away and my sorrows retreat,
as I wait on the Lord for his Jubilee sweet!



No comments:

Post a Comment