Sunday, December 1, 2019

Walking Away

Image result for russell m nelson
President Russell M. Nelson.



"Sometimes we speak almost casually about walking away from the world with its contention, pervasive temptations, and false philosophies. But truly doing so requires you to examine your life meticulously and regularly. As you do so, the Holy Ghost will prompt you about what is no longer needful, what is no longer worthy of your time and energy."
President Russell M. Nelson.



How I wish that I could cut
walking in a worldly rut
quite so often as I do --
do such thoughts occur to you?
How I need the Holy Ghost
as a constant sure guidepost!
Then my time and action would
be devoted to the good
of my soul, and peace would reign
in my heart instead of pain.
So each day I vow to toil
to subdue this mortal coil.

No comments:

Post a Comment