Friday, March 4, 2016

I comprehend so little


2 Nephi 32:4 -- Wherefore, now after I have spoken these words, if ye cannot understand them it will be because ye ask not, neither do ye knock; wherefore, ye are not brought into the light, but must perish in the dark.

I understand so little, comprehension but a spark;
O Pantokrator leave me not alone inside my dark!
Destroy my pride and dignity, remove me from the throng
of iron-hearted sages and shrill sirens with their song!
Bless me with a questing mind, a soul that knocks not once
but never ceases tapping -- knowing I am but a dunce!
Thy light is knowledge kindled deep within my breast alert:
Come understanding, quickly, or I stagnate to my hurt!
Have mercy on my ignorance, my blinded groping stance --
even to the pricking of my wits with Thy keen lance.
When the earth is flooded with the knowledge of Thy splendor,
please find me still a novice -- not a puffed-up smug pretender! 

No comments:

Post a Comment