Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Poetical Thoughts on the Provo Municipal Council Meeting. March 15, 2016.


The room was very quiet as the councilors filed in;
they shook the hands of spectators and flashed a modest grin.
The delegates seemed anxious to make ev'rything express;
they even showed up right on time (I'm speaking more or less).
The items on agenda were quite few and far between;
it was as flavorless a meeting as I've ever seen.
In fact the meeting was so short that if you dared to blink
they would have brought the ice cream in with spoons all going 'clink'.
Not even thirty minutes was consumed by cogitation;
is that any way to run a County in our nation?
With meetings short as this I feel that I have been mislead -- 
without their melodrama I'll just read a book in bed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment