Thursday, March 24, 2016

My Prostate is Teal

From the Wall Street Journal:  "A Wall Street Journal survey of the 25 U.S. counties with the largest unauthorized immigrant populations found that 20 of them have programs that pay for the low-income uninsured to have doctor visits, shots, prescription drugs, lab tests and surgeries at local providers. The services usually are inexpensive or free to participants, who must prove they live in the county but are told their immigration status doesn’t matter."

 I'm trying to be lib'ral in my thinking day by day,
 and granting to all others their just rights to work and play.
But in the past few years I've gotten bills up the wazoo 
from hospitals and doctors who say "No insurance? Pooh!"
I don't go to the ER just to shoot the breeze, you know;
or get an operation just to have a scar to show.
My itty bitty pension doesn't pay for such insurance --
so healthcare people treat me like I must have great endurance.
I've put off medications and procedures by the score,
hoping to get better (or at least avoid death's door).
And now to read that freebies come to those who are illegal
knocks me for a loop so that I'm just about spread eagle. 
So pardon me if envy turns my prostate rather teal;
 I'll sneak across the border for a decent payment deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment