Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Restaurant Review: Moriscos los Chinchorros. Provo, Utah

This seafood restaurant is located in a former gas station at 610 West Center. In fact, you still have to go outside and around to the back to use the restrooms.

You get complimentary chips and salsa. And they make their own chips; they are thick and crusty.  I ordered the Daily Special, Caldo de Res (beef and lettuce soup) but it wasn't ready yet -- so I ordered some fish tacos while I waited. They were magnificent. And only 99 cents. They don't have a drive through, but I highly recommend if you are in the area and looking for semi-fast food to go you should stop by and order a dozen. Just don't try to eat 'em in the car; you'll spread greens and Mexi-mayo all over the upholstery.

The beef soup was not what you would call haute cuisine. The beef was just plain boiled, and full of fat. It came with enough sides to make the thin broth it's served with very thick and flavorful. I guess you would call it 'peasant cooking'.  I paid $9.67 for the caldo de res and for 2 fish tacos.
I'm giving it Three Burps. I'd probably give it four if I had stuck with just the fish tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment