Friday, February 22, 2019

Restaurant Review: Bumblebee's KBBQ Fusion. Provo.



Bumblebee's KBBQ Fusion Grill is located at 1254 North State Street in Provo. The decor, from the standpoint of an old fat man like myself, is depressingly utilitarian.



I don't think this place is meant for customers to sit around in comfort and relax over a steaming bowl of kimchi. Although I can't fault their kimchi, which is sweet and more tart than fiery, which is how I like it. Most kimchi in America is adulterated with white vinegar, but not here. 
I took my daughter Sarah and my granddaughter Brooke along for my review. That way I could go shopping at Macy's afterwards and get a ride home with my ten pound sack of potatoes and three pound eye of round beef roast for Sunday dinner. 




I asked the cashier, when we were ordering, what the favorite was. She said the K-Pop Fries, which are just Canadian poutine with soy sauce. We didn't order it. We got bibimbop with beef and something called K-Noodles with chicken. 




What I can say about the bibimbop and K-noodles is that the portions are generous -- there was enough for Sarah and I to divide both dishes in half and still have enough left over for her to take home to her husband Jonny. Brooke had chicken strips and regular french fries. Sarah pronounced the food 'good -- especially the beef.' I, on the other hand, found the whole dining experience disheartening. The food was so-so and my butt started to ache after just ten minutes sitting in one of their damn kindergarten chairs. I only give the place 2 burps out of a possible 4, and my advice is to order your food to go. 
Our total for the bibimbop, K-noodles, chicken strips, and french fries came to $32.00. We only had water to drink. I could have eaten just as well, and in more comfort, at the nearby Chick-fil-A -- at half the price. Which only goes to show that this particular fat old man is also a skinflint. 





******************************


No comments:

Post a Comment