Monday, April 23, 2018

A letter from my missionary daughter in Dana Point, California.



Helloooo everyone!

This week has been crazy busy getting settled in to my new area in Dana Point! It's quite different from San Clemente, but it's pretty cool :) I don't get to see the ocean as often, but there are so many cool little houses built on windy roads and steep hills. We have  a lot of members who don't come to church, which is a bummer, so I think we'll be working on visiting them and serving them so they know that they're valued and needed. It's been an interesting experience being with a different companion in a totally new area. My goal when I got here was to treat myself like I wasn't a new missionary. Which basically means: fake it til ya make it ( or having a ton of faith, if you want to put it in spiritual terms). Acting confident and like I know what I'm doing is hard and not very convincing sometimes, but it's helped a lot with making the transition. You just have to know that God is in control and listen for His voice to tell you what to do. I've learned that His voice comes in many different ways: through church leaders, especially the prophet; through studying the scriptures; and through the gift of the Spirit.
 My new companion's name is Sister Peterson, she's from Utah, was adopted and is half Tongan! She's hilarious and really fun to be around, she loves missionary work and the people here. She sings suuuuper well, so I'm excited to use music in our teaching when I find a guitar! We've seen miracles already this week and I'm excited to see what God will have us do in the future :) There's a few pictures of us in the folder below. 
Well friends, that's all the time I have this week. I want you each to know how special you are to our Heavenly Father and how much he cares for you. When it seems like no one else is there for you, He always is. Just look up! :) Have an awesome week!!
Love, Sister Torkildson

No comments:

Post a Comment