Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Letter from my LDS Missionary Daughter in San Clemente, California





Hello everyone!! 
The subject of this email must seem very un-missionary-like so I apologize, I must be picking up some of the surfer lingo they use here in California...Also, there is a picture of my tan lines that I have included at the end just for proof that they really are rad. 

Anyway, on to more important and spiritual things! This week has been interesting because it was spring break, so it seemed like everyone and their dog just up and left to Palm Springs, Asia, Italy, Peru, you name it. It was so silent in our area, it was a little creepy... My companion thought it was nice to have some silence for once, though haha. But we did find people to talk to, for sure! And I've been learning more and more about the importance of opening your mouth and talking to everyone. It's still been a challenge for me to get past the "hello, how are you?" stage and onto "We're missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints...." Sometimes you quite literally have to follow people if you want them to keep listening to what you have to say. It's frustrating sometimes, because I know how important the message we have is and people already have preconceived notions about us. It's tough sometimes. But most of the time people are really nice, and sometimes people DO say yes! But we have a responsibility to open our mouths and give everyone the chance to hear what the restored gospel can bring to their lives: more happiness, more peace, more blessings. MORE. So I try not to let fear or discouragement stop me from giving people what they don't know they really want and need. I'm so grateful for the knowledge that I have that families are eternal, that we have a living prophet on the earth today, and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and can help us with almost any question or challenge that we have. I know that when each of us truly desires to know something and we ask the right person (God), we'll get an answer. It might not be in the way we expect, but it will come in God's time. 
I love you all so very much! Have an awesome week, and keep being the amazing children of God you are!

Love, 
Sister Torkildson

https://www.facebook.com/daisy.torkildson/videos/10211435677195615/


No comments:

Post a Comment