Thursday, May 24, 2018

I shoulda been a plumber . . .

Building, needed repairs and retirements are fueling
demand for plumbers at the same time the U.S.
jobless rate in April fell below 4% for the first time
since late 2000. The annual median pay for plumbers,
pipefitters and steamfitters was nearly $53,000 a year in
2017, according to federal data, but it isn’t uncommon
to see jobs advertised for far higher wages,
from $70,000 up to six figures.  WSJ
I’m trying to find a plumber just to fix my kitchen sink.
They’re harder to locate than Darwin’s fabled missing link.
And when I find a craftsman who can fix my little leak,
They tell me they can’t come until the middle of next week.
I will not say their charges are unmitigated fraud,
But at those prices I could live a princely life abroad.
That’s what I get for being so unhandy with a wrench
(and now the toilet’s backed up and I’m dealing with the stench!)


No comments:

Post a Comment