Saturday, November 30, 2019

Verses from newspaper stories by Philip Rucker, Katie Mettler, and Joe Heim.




IS THE PRESIDENT WORKING HARD, OR HARDLY WORKING?

@PhilipRucker

When you're in a pickle
and you want to wiggle out,
just look very busy 
and then travel all about.
Voters will think "What a guy!"
and cut you lots of slack;
giving you the cover to
stab others in the back.
When it has blown over
and the mob is backing down,
then relax and go back to
the antics of a clown.

*******************************

SCIENTISTS DISCOVER BIGGEST BLACK HOLE EVER.
@kemettler

Black holes getting bigger,
comets whizzing through the sky;
seems like it's the End of Times --
yet I don't want to cry.
Even with impeachment
looming like the Crack of Doom,
I'm thinking new recliners
for my cozy living room.
Why let cosmic anarchy
destroy my comfort zone?
Life keeps getting better,
now my pizza comes by drone!

****************************

LEWIS AND CLARK STATUE TO BE PULLED DOWN.
@JoeHeim

Statues used to hang around
for centuries, at least;
nowadays they slip away
as if they had been greased.
Warriors, explorers, and 
a host of others, too,
are deemed to be insensitive
and must go toodle-loo.
If I commissioned statues
I would only order those
impressionistic gewgaws
that nobody will depose.

No comments:

Post a Comment