Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Verses from Stories in the New York Times -- Sondland Updates Impeachment Testimony, Describing Ukraine Quid Pro Quo -- Iran Steps Further From Nuclear Deal With Move on Centrifuges -- Swimming Against a Tide of Expensive Sushi.





@nytmike

I never knew that quid pro quo
could generate such massive woe.
The whole darn world is topsy turvey
as the Prez continues nervy.
'You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours'
is stickier than fresh s'mores . . . 

************************
@mwolgelenter  @SangerNYT

In Iran a promise made
is as weak as lemonade.
When the mullahs guarantee
anything, you'd better flee.
If fanatics rule the roost
they'll treat the truth like Monsieur Proust.

********************
@pete_wells



I don't see raw food's appeal;
damn the sushi -- give me veal!
Little bits of fish on rice,
coming at enormous price,
can't compare to cheap french fries
or some greasy pizza pies!

No comments:

Post a Comment