Thursday, November 7, 2019

Verses from Stories in Today's Washington Post -- This tiny rural town just repealed its dry laws — 86 years after Prohibition ended -- Alabama warns against ‘disruptive behavior’ during Trump visit to LSU game -- An elderly man in Hawaii died after falling into a lava tube hidden in his backyard.




@thedeannapaul

If a village does not choose
to allow the sale of booze
who are we to scoff and sneer
that they never drink a beer?
What's the point now, after all,
to our love of alcohol?
Headaches and a breath so sour
you gotta give your throat a shower.
Though demon rum is here to stay,
I hope for sober joy some day . . . 

****************************

@jacobbogage

It is now a trend, I fear,
to give the Prez a big Bronx cheer
when he goes to football game --
now isn't that a dirty shame?
We ought to reverence his worth,
and not give in to boorish mirth.
What would Putin do if he
were put to such hilarity?
(Siberia would see a spike
in those dumped off to take a hike.)
I hoping that it's still way too soon
for students here to shoot the moon!

*************************
@Meagan_Flynn

Life some cherries in a bowl?
Not above a lava hole!
Keeping Death at bay and foiled,
only to be quick parboiled?
Such injustice I decry!
(And I hope I never fry.)
If my backyard isn't safe,
then God is dead and I'm a waif.

IMG_20191103_170720109.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment