Saturday, November 23, 2019

Verses from Today's Washington Post. ** Ivanka Trump cited de Tocqueville to condemn impeachment. The quote wasn’t his. ** Fred Cox, former Vikings kicker and Nerf football co-inventor, dies at 80. ** Don’t eat romaine lettuce from California’s Salinas Valley, CDC warns.



@KaylaEpstein

Anyone can quote things wrong,
from a book or from a song.
Even White House daughters err,
though they might be doctrinaire.
Tocqueville, being French, I bet
forgives her cuz she is brunette . . . 

********************

@DesBieler

All the world's a Nerf, they say,
and we upon its foam do play.
Whether football or a dart,
eventually it falls apart.
And when a man has lost his Nerf,
they bury him beneath the turf . . . 

************************

@bylenasun

My mother said that I should eat
raw veggies to stay strong and fleet.
But now I turn around to find
raw vegetables have been maligned.
They get infected with rough germs
or harbor parasitic worms.
On beer and pretzels I survive;
I'm drunk and fat -- but still alive!





No comments:

Post a Comment