Saturday, November 16, 2019

Verses from Stories in Today's New York Times. Leaked Files Expose How China Organized Mass Detentions of Muslims. Is Chlorophyll an Effective Nutritional Supplement? Cities Worldwide Are Reimagining Their Relationship With Cars.




@austinramzy  @ChuBailiang

We have places very nice,
full of virtue and of rice.
You will find our camps superb,
and there's nothing to disturb
how you live your life at all
(there is just a chain and ball . . . )

********************

@DawnMacKeen

Chlorophyll is not a snack
that would cause my lips to smack;
maybe trees can stand the stuff,
but to me it's so much chuff.
Why must supplements all be
full of most things not tasty?
I am not a daffodil;
give me meat fresh from the grill!

*****************************

@SominiSengupta  @PopovichN

Now I lay me down to sleep;
I pray my car that I may keep.
I live in town and traffic jams
are so intense I clench my hams;
but public transport I abhor --
it's for the weird and very poor.
I'd rather live with deadly smog
than have to run to work by jog.
Or ride a bike or scooter, too;
my car is magic, like voodoo.
The freedom of the road I crave,
though it may lead to early grave . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment