Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Prose Poem: I'll throw in the teakwood furniture.

 



There's an Asian woman lying on my bed.

I don't know who she is

or how she got into my house

and into my bedroom.

I've been home all day,

pondering deep subjects

like how to avoid paying too much

capital gains tax.

I never saw her enter my lovely

and spacious home, where I

love to entertain family, neighbors,

and guests of all sorts.

I'm really a very outgoing

and hospitable person

who cooks lavish meals

and is known for giving extravagant

presents at the drop of a hat.

So far I have not approached her

too closely, nor interacted with her.

But she knows I'm looking at her.

And she's smiling.

There's only one thing I can do --

leave immediately and sell the house.

I'll get a good price for it.

I'll throw in the teakwood furniture at

no extra charge.

And the strongbox of gold Krugerrands in the basement,

I'll also throw that in for free.

Like I say, I'm a generous guy --

who doesn't want any trouble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment