Sunday, April 11, 2021

sunday morning musings email

 



well, here it is 5 a.m. on sunday morning -- I don't feel like doing anything strenuous, after struggling to put a turkey carcass in the stock pot to stew all morning for soup at noon. i don't even feel like capitalizing or punctuating this email.

of course, part of the reason is that I sliced my finger open this past week on a vegetable slicer that Adam gave me several years ago, which I have kept stored in a shoe box in my pantry for some reason that escapes me just now. I finally pulled it out last Tuesday to cut up some cukes for lunch and lo and behold on my first thrust I nearly severed a digit on that infernal machine. So, after much bad language and half-baked first aid that involved miles of surgical tape and a mountain of mis-applied gauze, I threw the damn thing out.  it's obvious that adam wants to kill me, the rat.
so I've been hobbled in my writing; switching fonts and just getting  the lettering right has been a huge challenge. so i've been working on my visual art instead -- i used some of my stimmie money to buy a lot of international stamps and a roll of 100 postcard stamps -- and now i'm going to town on sending postcards to everyone whose home address I have. mostly journalists.  i asked for home addresses from about a hundred journalists a while ago -- since they don't get mail sent to their office -- and only about six replied with addresses -- the rest either ignored my request or apologized for being paranoid and not wanting to give it out. several had the gall to send me phoney addresses - I wasted good stamps on them only to get their postcards back. so I send postcards to the grandkids and thepresident and mitt romney and my few and far between friends.  i'm really getting into postmodern color work for my postcards -- i love splashing around black and white and red and blue -- the resulting mess is aesthetically pleasing -- and then I add something silly from a catalog and sometimes even paste on a paragraph from a book on philosophy by Mortimer Adler.
(excuse me, but that turkey carcass smells so good I have to go take all my pills that I have to take on an empty stomach so I can have my breakfast -- beans on toast with fried eggs.)
speaking of food, sarah took me shopping twice last week -- once to Winncos and once to the asian market --  and each time i spent way more than i had intended -- i really can't control myself when i'm in a food store -- i have to buy everything i see -- among other things, I bought ten dollars worth of israeli couscous and ten dollars worth of bulgar wheat, and what the hell am i going to do with that stuff? -- so after i was done at the asian market i gave sarah my debit card and asked her not to give it back to me until the end of the month -- when my other stimmie check is supposed to be deposited -- and then i'llprobably buy hundreds of dollars worth of books for my kindle.  i'm such a putz sometimes.
also on the food front -- i'm drinking lots of ginger tea now -- it seems to quiet my borborygmus. that means 'stomach rumbling' -- it's the medical term. and also reduce my nausea and other tummy troubles i have in the morning.
it got so bad there for a while that i had to stop going to the rec center in the morning cuz i was afraid i'd have an accident.  also i got into a terrific and silly fight with bruce young, who always gives me a ride there, over his using me as a punching bag and whipping boy because he's always so nice and considerate to other people that he was taking out all his rudeness and abusive feelings on me.  i've noticed over the years as i've made new friends, or tried to make new friends, that once they learn i was a circus clown they usually begin to get verbally and physically abusive with me, like i must have enjoyed getting slapped in the face and have my pants pulled down, so they could be as rude as they wanted with me and i would thank them for it.  bruce young got to be that way with me -- he would make cracks about my weight and my slowness due to arthritis in front of other people and then he began to give me light slaps on the side of my head and playfully push me around and punch me sometimes in the shoulder or in the belly -- now if i was in prime physical condition i could roll with such things, but i'm getting to be pretty rickety and have to be careful with my balance or i'll fall down -- so i kept noticing how nice bruce was to everyone else and how rotten he was becoming with me, until i blew my top at him -- it was a ridiculous argument -- he kept insisting that he was an abusive person with  everyone else, not just me, and i kept insisting that he was always an angel to everyone else, even complete strangers, and only a devil to me.
so weparted ways. but i inivted him over yesterday to finish the thai rice porridge i had made for breakfast (nobody in the whole building wanted to try any) and we had such a pleasant visit that i decided what the hell this is stupid and asked him if i could start getting rides again. he was very happy to say yes. so i think i'll get a ride from him to the rec center each morning and then walk myself home -- in the past he always seemed to get more unruly and abusive after swimming than before.
so anyway
today i'll spend my time creating new poster paint masterpieces to mail out to unsuspecting journalists presidents and friends, and continuing to read The Second Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, by stephen r donaldson, and napping -- i've been up since 4 a.m.
and, hey, my finger doesn't seem as sore, so maybe i'll start up withmy poetry again . . .
stranger things have happened . . .
ever thine,  
Wooster P. Dowdling the Third
the mask mandate ends here in utah on monday, by the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment