Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Narrative Poem: U.S. Inflation Accelerated to 8.5% in March, Hitting Four-Decade High {WSJ}

 


I was walking down the street with my dog Zeus.

Suddenly he turned around and bit me.

Only

he didn't really bite me.

Cuz I don't have a dog. I never had a dog.

But something bit me.

Cuz I'm limping around

and have fallen on hard times.

I took everything out of the bird feeder

and cooked it up for porridge.

I'm taking a class at the community college

on Dumpster Diving.

At work my boss tells us inflation

will put him out of business in six months.

At church the pastor passes the plate around

twice.

There is a cold wind blowing 

from the Federal Reserve.

It's inflating the tumbleweeds to

the size of elephants.

They roll over me,

leaving broken bones.

Shattered dreams.

Hopeless atrophy.

I have a bag of twigs and bark

that I'll trade you.

For anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment