Sunday, April 10, 2022

The Haiku Pole.

 


We live in a small one-bedroom apartment in Provo, Utah. 

Sometimes my artistic delusions cannot be contained inside of it.

So I have taken to writing out haiku on index cards and tacking them to a wooden telephone pole down the street. The pole is at the corner of 200 North and 600 West.

So far no one has defaced or removed the haiku cards.

When I did the same thing on the door of our storage closet here in the building, the cards were often defaced and scribbled over with crude insults. Then the building management told me to remove them all. That incident left a sour taste in my mouth.

I wonder if there is a Provo city ordinance about posting on telephone poles?

I'll be keeping track of this pole's status, sending out updates as needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment