Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Photo Essay: Postcards from my Kids. " . . . and I want to be an actor too."



Madelaine continues her fatal attraction to MLM schemes like Amway. I sent my Mac computer to Amy when I left Detroit Lakes Minnesota in disgrace -- I felt guilty getting so far behind on child support. Madel writes she is going to get it hooked up for her mother. 
Adam wants to either act or be a phy ed teacher. He still takes occasional improv classes here in Provo.
I trained Adam to do the whip cracker gag with me when he was about six. We did it in front of audiences about six or seven times. He was as poker faced as Buster Keaton.
I trained Madel, Adam, and Sarah to be my stooges for the old water gag -- in which I dressed as a clown cowboy, mouthing the words to the Sons of the Pioneers song "Water." Every time I come to the refrain of 'cool, clear, water' the kids would let me have it with large squirt guns. That was pretty much the whole gag. It always got a big laugh with grade school crowds. 
I trained Madel in balloon sculpting; she got pretty good at it. I can't do it any more -- the arthritis in my hands is getting bad. Some days it's agony just to open a can of beans. 







No comments:

Post a Comment