Tuesday, July 31, 2018

2020 Census will bring major upheaval to Congressional representation -- Meet your meat -- Tax cuts for the wealthy



A citizenship question on the 2020 census has already drawn challenges from states that fear an undercount of immigrants and a loss of federal funds. But demographers say there could be even deeper consequences: The question could generate the data necessary to redefine how political power is apportioned in America.   NYT

The Census gets my name and age; my address and my weight.
I'll tell 'em I'm retired and I do not have a mate.
If they want anymore than that I'm gonna slam the door;
I don't like nosy parkers who do nothing else but schnorr. 


Fifty-eight percent of consumers say they are more concerned about the treatment of animals raised for food than they were a few years ago, according to a 2017 survey by market-research firm Packaged Facts based in Rockville, Md. As a result, language on packaging and menus is describing meat in more detail than ever before, linking food on the plate more directly to the animal and its provenance.  WSJ
I don't wanna know that the cow
I'm eating once pulled a farm plow.
I don't care a fig
that ribs from my pig
were used in the practice of Tao.


The Trump adminisration is considering a tax cut for the wealthiest Americans through a change that would not need approval from Congress, officials said, a move that would follow a package of tax cuts last year that also benefited the super-rich.   Washington Post.
Consider the poor plutocrat,
whose upkeep on his black silk hat
and stable of mares
and sunk Facebook shares
means giving up his baccarat.





No comments:

Post a Comment