Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Faith in Democracy India's Planting Mantras Sunscreen Lotion Lobsters



when faith in democracy ebbs,
destroyed by our internet webs,
don't say the elite
provided defeat;
twas ruined by we comatose plebs. 


In Goa, farmers were given a curriculum at a government workshop and told to chant the words of a healing mantra used by devotees of the Hindu god Shiva for 20 minutes every day during the planting phase.
Washington Post

the farmers who live out in Goa
are growing increasingly poa --
a mantra won't grow
their crops in a row,
no matter how much they may hoa.


Part of the problem is that dermatologists have a hard time explaining how thickly sunscreen should be applied.

Wall Street Journal


I put on my lotion so thick
that I become awfully slick.
If I am not leery
I'll fall on my deery
and crack it with quite a loud 'snick.'


Scientists say a variety of factors have contributed to the boom, including overfishing of predators like cod and the lobstermen’s own conservation efforts. But without climate change, Maine’s lobster fishery would not be anywhere near as successful as it is today . . . 
NYT


Whatever the reason or cause
I'm glad that there's more lobster claws.
The flesh is so sweet
that I rarely eat
less than a dozen red paws. 


No comments:

Post a Comment