Monday, October 1, 2018

My Daughter Daisy's Missionary Email from California



Helloooo everybody!

Well, transfers have come and gone and I am in a new area now!! It's called Rancho Santa Margarita and my new companion is Sister Ahsmus, from Oregon :)  I've only been here in Rancho Santa Margarita for a few hours, but it seems pretty nice. It's very well known throughout the mission as being very hot because it's as far inland as we can go in our mission. I've heard great things about it though! And we'll be covering two congregations, so that will keep us busy for sure. Exciting things to come!!! 
Transfers always means saying goodbye to the people you've come to known and love, and that's what yesterday was for me. I will truly treasure the time that I've spent in Dana Point and the people that I've been privileged to come to know and love. I think probably the biggest lesson I learned there, was how to truly love people through the Savior by being patient, kind, compassionate, humble and willing to always help. I feel like my heart was really changed by being in Dana Point and getting to serve many people. 
Something that I learned in church yesterday was that the path of life is less like a pleasant garden path that you just stroll down, and more like a spartan race with mud pits, detours, climbing walls and other things that hurt and challenge you. When put like that, it doesn't sound very pleasant, BUT if you look at it from an eternal perspective, all of what we go through makes us stronger when we know where our strength comes from: God. This life was never meant to be easy, you can't just stroll through it without any problems and expect to learn and grow. We were always meant to be challenged and tested, so that we can learn to become as our Savior and Heavenly Father are. 
That's all I have time for today, but I love you all!! I hope you all have such wonderful weeks and see miracles! 

Love, Sister Torkildson

No comments:

Post a Comment