Sunday, April 21, 2019

Hobby Horse Girls



A veterinarian lectured girls on hobbyhorse vaccination schedules, saying “check that the eyes are clear and there is no nasal discharge.” The girls discussed hobbyhorse bloodlines and hobbyhorse temperaments, hobbyhorse training routines and hobbyhorse diets. There were rhinestone-studded bridles for sale.
NYT


I wish I was a hobby horse, with little child astride;
I'd take him on a marvel trip to open his eyes wide.
We'd breach the starry heavens and splash through the Milky Way;
circle round the foolish moon and pull a comet sleigh.

Gallop o'er the greenest hills and slide down deepest glade
to seek for cotton candy with a pail of lemonade.
Or I could be a bronco with a cowboy on my back;
buckin' and a snortin' as I ran around the track.

We'll ride into the sunset like all western heroes do,
and never worry or grow up -- like Peter Pan or Pooh!
Ah me, to find the secret of such ever-young enzymes --
but now I'd better get back to the Sunday New York Times . . . 







No comments:

Post a Comment