Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Pence's Tax Returns, Like President Trump's, Stay Out of Sight


WASHINGTON—Vice President Mike Pence has filed three tax returns since taking office, but he hasn’t publicly released any of them.
As Democrats fight with President Trump about his unreleased tax returns amid a key deadline Tuesday, the vice president’s decision to keep his own recent tax documents under wraps has gotten far less attention. It is just as much of a break from his predecessors: Going back to Walter Mondale in the 1970s, all have disclosed their returns. 
WSJ
You can see my driver's license, or my pinky ring.
I'll even let you gaze upon my balls of twine and string.
Not a problem if you need my library card to see --
but tax returns are sacred (or at least they are to ME.)

I'll show you photo albums and diplomas by the score.
Test results and shopping lists; and what is even more,
my x-rays are an open book, my bank statements are too --
but what I file with Uncle Sam will never come to view!

I am a public servant and as such should be immune
from nosy parkers who would see if I am a tycoon.
I'll even show you my tattoos (my chest has got a doozy.)
But when it comes to tax returns I'm gonna be quite choosy!


No comments:

Post a Comment