Monday, April 29, 2019

Home Sweet Airbnb

Marriott International Inc. is starting a new home-rental business, aiming to take on Airbnb Inc. and other home-sharing companies in one of the lodging industry’s hottest segments.
WSJ

Ev'rybody's doing it, so I will do it too;
I'll rent a room to tourists -- they'll be standing in a queue!
Of course it's really not a room, not even just a bed --
it's only my recliner where they'll rest their weary head.
But they'll get peace and quiet cuz it's in the basement dark;
I wouldn't call it elegant, more like an earthy stark.
And boy won't I just charge 'em all a fee so big and tall
that when they get the bill upon the floor they'll surely sprawl.
My unreported income will mount up until the day
I can flee to Thailand so no taxes I need pay.
And there upon the rosy beach I'll live in palm frond shack,
while on a bowl of shrimp fried rice I shall so cheaply snack.



No comments:

Post a Comment