Friday, May 24, 2019

Airlines and Passengers Prepare for Summer Snarls



The summer travel season is poised to inflict pain on both U.S. airlines and fliers.
A record 257 million people are expected to fly with U.S. airlines this summer, according to trade group Airlines for America. Those travelers will likely have to deal with the consequences of multiple issues weighing down the nation’s air travel network, including the extended grounding of Boeing Co.’s 737 MAX jets, runway closures and labor shortages. 
WSJ
My baggage is lost; my seat is too small.
The meal that I'm served a goat would appall.
An air marshal glares upon my blank face,
and likely is going to give me a tase. 

Departure delayed; arrival unsure --
is this any way to start a grand tour?
My seat belt's too tight -- am I getting fat?
Behind me there sits a squalling young brat.

The tarmac is hot; I smell the asphalt.
This summer of flying is ruined by default.
I wonder, did Wilbur and Orville pretend
that flight into H*ll would not quickly descend?


No comments:

Post a Comment