Thursday, May 9, 2019

Do You Get Anxiety Attacks at Work?



As Generation Z enters the workforce, more young recruits are reporting anxiety than any other generation. Some 54% of workers under 23 said they felt anxious or nervous due to stress in the preceding month, according to a 2018 American Psychological Association survey of 3,458 adults 18 and over. Close behind are millennials, with 40% reporting anxiety—surpassing the national average of 34%.
WSJ

They haven't made the boss that scares me, not by a long shot.
Far as I'm concerned they all do suffer from dry rot.
I figure to outlast 'em, just by staying at my desk
to watch them eat each other up as management burlesque.

I put in my eight hours, not a minute more or less.
The bosses cannot find me once I reach that gold egress.
For I have found the secret to success in my career;
to all my work anxiety I give a big Bronx cheer.

Why compete with coworkers or worry what they do?
That's about as harmful as to take up sniffing glue.
Work provides the income to go fishing or dine out.
I'd rather lack promotion than come down with mental gout!




No comments:

Post a Comment