Friday, May 31, 2019

Netflix Review. Legends of Tomorrow

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

How to explain the allure of this series? It's goofy and laid back in a way that other shows attempt but do not succeed at. And my Prude Alarm (which I like to think of as a righteous Spidey Sense) never tingles when I watch this show -- even though it's filled with the kind of leftist liberal twaddle that Hollywood dishes out in such massive quantities today.
No, I really can't think of an adequate way to explain this show's appeal. Except, maybe, to say that it's like the real comic books of my gilded youth -- the kind that featured implausible plots and zany villains to such an extent that my prepubescent cerebellum threatened to implode. They have just posted Season Four, and I am binge watching it like it was the World Series.
Is it possible to OD on popcorn and root beer floats? 


No comments:

Post a Comment