Thursday, March 25, 2021

New Love Poem For Joom

 




The stale coffee on your breath
and dark eyes to which I sank
as I kissed you half to death
and your greedy ardor drank.

Laughing, snapping teeth so white --
would you really truly bite me?
Holding on to what so tight,
since you never had to fight me?

I pushed down upon your hips,
tracing moles upon your back;
as you licked your ragged lips
and I called you 'Heart Attack."

Plucking eyebrows, brushing hair --
doing all that girly stuff;
I would watch you from a chair
and could never get enough.

I last saw you years ago
at the airport in Bangkok.
It was all so allegro;
it made love a laughingstock.


Now the mountains here are white
like the hair upon my head;
I still think of you at night
and could wish that I were dead.







No comments:

Post a Comment