Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Haiku.

 


Summer moonlight --

ants still swarm

over a dead bee

mindlessly.


A blue and white mask

blowing around

in the summer heat.






The old man 

mowing the lawn --

his hair rusted white.


Sirens at night

in the city --

slicing through asphalt.


Rice in the cooker

with one bay leaf --

my exciting life. 


One drop

of water

is too much

for an ant.


The red 

of a fresh apple

makes me sleepy.


A blue and white mask

blowing around

in the summer heat.


To sit outside

all night

is beyond me now.


The ripe apricots

litter the sidewalks --

how much riper 

will I grow?


I cover the hole

with leaf mold --

it falls in and

rots. 


I type, delete,

then retype, and

delete again --until

summer is over. 


Heat tastes like copper

Dust sounds like gray dirty ghosts

Wind looks like sparrows



No comments:

Post a Comment