Monday, August 2, 2021

Study paints stark picture of how some get mired in collections because they can’t pay medical bills. (Erin Blakemore in the WaPo.)

 

This patient suffers under the delusion he is a poet; doctors hold out no hope for a cure.




I've been in debt to doctors all my life it seems to me;
From babies to their acne -- now my colonoscopy.
*
Some clinics have been patient and have given me a break;
but others are so ruthless they would shame a cobra snake.
*
They've called me up at breakfast; they have called at midday meal;
they knock upon my door at night, so my repose they steal.
*
Even with insurance and that good old Medicaid,
those medical collectors treat me like a renegade.
*
They threaten with foreclosure and the repo of my car;
they try to take my salary (hah! that won't get them far.)
*
Talk about your pound of flesh; they'd also like my liver
unless a couple thou today I promise to deliver.
*
I've moved and changed my phone number and from now on I'll tarry
not with doctors anymore but reps from mortuaries.





No comments:

Post a Comment