Monday, March 21, 2022

Narrative Poem: The New Ice Age

 



Well, the experts were wrong.

Like always.

There was no universal global warming after all.

What happened was the Earth's

weather patterns are completely

on the fritz.

Like, for instance, Greenland.

It's full of monkeys and coconut trees now.

South America is snowed under.

Permanently.

Here in Utah the ice pack just keeps growing.

We live in tunnels carved out of the ice.

Wear animal furs and mukluks. 

I myself have learned how to subsist on

shaved ice, Eskimo potatoes,

 and baked Alaska.

It's not so bad. Once you get used to it.

All the bugs are gone. Not one cockroach left.

No one sleeps alone. You get hypothermia if you do.

So everyone bundles -- like the Colonials did.

But I have to admit I'm saving my pennies

so I can buy a condo on the beach in Greenland.


No comments:

Post a Comment