Wednesday, March 2, 2022

The Elevator Man & other whimsies

 


The elevator man?

In New York City maybe.

Anywhere else -- gone, baby.

Who's hiring for the posish?

Not even a masochist's wish!

I'd rather drive a fish van.


*********************


I want to write something morose.

Without any hope or glucose.

But damned if I know

how to snuff out the glow

of my playfulness grandiose.


*********************

Of my birth I've never written.

Of my death I'm much much more smitten.

Coming out of the womb

can't compare with the tomb.

*****************************


No harm would I be

to lizard or bee.

No malice bear I

for even jai alai.

But should they cause emesis

I would be their nemesis. 


********************


"Fahad Shah, who writes for The Christian Science Monitor from Kashmir, India, was detained for publishing "anti-national" content." 


Many countries nowadays/put their writers through a maze/If you don't jump through the hoops/you will be chased by some troops/locked up in a dungeon cell/then rot away and not raise hell.


No comments:

Post a Comment