Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Birthday Greetings from my friend Gai in Thailand

Me, clowning at a Thai hospital c. 1974


My dear friend Tim,

Hello from me and Thailand. How are you Tim? I enjoy readimg your Squid hunting in the sea of Ban Pae. I am jealous of you, I never have a chance to go for Squid hunting like you.

I also had a good memory of Samed Island. This reminded me the time when I was working at the Panat Nikhom Refugee Camp in Chonburi. I was there for 9 years. And for most of us staffs who's working there. Koh Samed has always been our favorite place for us to go hang out and enjoy ourselves. My friends and me as a total of 16 people, we rented a Song Taew truck and head to Ban Pae on Friday evening. Some of my friend brought their guitar, banjo, and mouth organ along with them. These guys were our music entertainers. Our favorite beach were at Haad Tubtim. We have been there until we got to be closed friend with Naa Jaew who is the owner and her kids. Especially with me she tried to offer me a job as a cook for her customers. I told her if she's willing to pay me the same salary like I made from the camp then I'll accept her offer. But she can't because my pay was much more than she normally pay her local staff. The owner and the staffs always treat us like their family. So we spent our money to have good sea food for dinner by the beach. Then after dinner, we sit in a circle on the beach and then our entertainers begin singing their songs. We as audiences sing along with them. Several times they asked me to do a solo singing some love songs. Our singing and the sound of the instruments got the other tourists attention to jam with us. They use the spoon tio make little bang by hitting the beer bottles. We sure had a great time everytime we were there. Until now it has been almost 20 years I have not had a chance to visit my favorite island again. I really miss Kho Samed very much.

Tomorrow will be an important day for me. Because Nathan and his wife Annie will come along with the elders to visit me at home. I am really excited to meet with them. I just wish that my right hand would be alright coz I want to prepare something for them to eat. I will keep you inform about our meeting tomorrow okay. And the elders will bring me a Book of Mormon so this time I will start to keep tract of my scripture study. I am very happy to read the scripture again after so many years. 

Well Tim I'm sure everyone's do think of you. I hope that all is well with you. I m looking forward to hear from you. May God bless you always. Bue.

Your friend,

Gai

No comments:

Post a Comment