Monday, September 17, 2018

What kind of personality are you?



In a report published Monday in the journal Nature Human Behavior, researchers at Northwestern University in Illinois identify four personality types: reserved, role models, average and self-centered.  WaPo

I've been around the block a couple times and so I know
the kind of personalities that people often show.
Rubbing shoulders with the best and worst has taught me well
that most folk crawl around inside a very heavy shell.

And when they take a peek outside, just like the torpid snail,
their faces look so wicked it would make a Karloff quail.
This makes me misanthropic, trusting no one but myself
to guide my humble destiny while gathering some pelf.

I don't think personality is likely to be known
from tests and mumbo jumbo that come from the Twilight Zone.
People just are no darn good -- that is my guide and stay;
I try to keep them at arm's length and hope they'll go away.

In fact I've come at last to think -- well, now, just what is this?
Who is this little cutie pie that's giving me a kiss?
My grand daughter, god bless her heart, is begging for a cuddle.
Forget all that I wrote above; twas just an old man's muddle.


No comments:

Post a Comment