Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Robotic Repasts




Food manufacturers are combining advances in laser vision with artificial-intelligence software so that automated arms can carry out more-complex tasks, such as slicing chicken cutlets precisely or inspecting toppings on machine-made pizzas. At a sausage factory, more-powerful cameras and quicker processors enable robots to detect the twisted point between two cylindrical wieners fast enough that they can be cut apart at the rate of 200 a minute. WSJ
No robot ever made a meal
that had a lot of taste appeal.
They may be swift and quite precise,
but noshers pay an awful price
when automated butchers reign
and algorithms cook our grain;
'Spaghetti a la Fortran' reeks
of pasta bland served up by geeks.
And when my steak is android grilled
I do not think I'll be too thrilled.
I'm going to the woods to hunt
my venison, to be upfront;
so when I carve a joint or two
I'll know I will not find a screw.



No comments:

Post a Comment