Friday, May 8, 2020

Light Verse Inspired from stories by Ben Casselman, Nelson D. Schwartz, Julie Cresswell, and Heather Long.



How Bad Is Unemployment? ‘Literally Off the Charts’
@bencasselman  @NelsonSchwartz  



Lost your job? Come join the club!
No use in settin' round to blub.
The Great Deepreshun's here again;
nobody's got the gelt or yen.
So pull your belt in one notch tighter
and do like me -- become a writer!


Staying at home has caused many people to
 change their makeup,
 hair-care and skin-care routines. 
Companies are feeling the effects.
@julie_creswell

Who needs lipstick when there ain't
anyone to see your paint?
Goodbye Revlon, Estee Lauder;
I'll just use a paper blotter
and allow my hair to spring
up like some ferocious thing.
Maybelline can kiss my spine;
I'll spend my coin on good French wine.


The coronavirus economy is exposing how easy 
it is to fall from the middle class into 
poverty
@byHeatherLong

Welcome to my world, you guys --
hope it's not a big surprise
that you can't afford new cars
and must lunch on candy bars.
I've been doing so for years;
still I'm deeply in arrears.
Poverty is not so bad
if you label it a fad.

No comments:

Post a Comment