Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Photo Essay: Postcards from my Kids. " . . . mom never talks bad about you."


Daisy was a delightful little girl, what little I remember of her before being hurled out of her life for eighteen years. Her postcard here, I remember, just tickled me beyond pink -- and, I'm ashamed to admit it, I raged uncontrollably for several minutes in the privacy of my room about the idiotic unfairness of it all; cursing and weeping at the mortal tragedy of being separated from my own children. And yet today Daisy, without any input from me, has turned out to be a wonderful and beautiful young woman with a marvelous future ahead of her. She is one of those who early on grasped her own destiny and is riding it to glory.
I love how Madel refers to the denizens of North Dakota during the winter as 'meat popsicles.' No better description exists!
Well, time to go feed the old ladies -- today is shredded chicken in bbq sauce and ziti with cheese sauce. Plus grape jello with a can of fruit cocktail in it. Bon appetite?  











No comments:

Post a Comment